About the Mississippi Wing
The Mississippi Wing of the Commemorative Air Force is an all volunteer organization based in Madison, MS at Bruce Campbell Field. We are a local representation of a worldwide organization known as the Commemorative Air Force. We are charged with the mission to acquire, restore and preserve in flying condition a complete collection of combat aircraft which were flown by all military services of the United States, and selected aircraft of other nations, for the education and enjoyment of present and future generations of Americans.
CAF Global Ends
The mission of the CAF is education, such that generations of Americans will value and support the contributions of military aviation in assuring our nation’s freedom.
A. The CAF will devote its resources to, and exercise its corporate powers for, patriotic, educational, and historical purposes.
1. The citizens of the country will, because of the actions of the CAF, gain in education, inspiration, appreciation and recreation.
- Students will gain knowledge of military aviation, be inspired by and appreciate the stories the airplanes and the members tell.
- Teachers will gain a resource for accurate information about military aviation.
- Communities will benefit from CAF activities as a source for recreation, education, and a positive economic impact.
2. The airplanes of the CAF will continue to fly in a safe, operational condition with priority of resources given to the aircraft of WWII.
- Each airplane will “tell a story” such that a complete picture of military aviation is presented.
- Each aircraft will represent its operational condition during the war, in all areas practical and consistent with safety.
- Each airplane, when no longer able to fly, will be preserved for future generations in a suitable museum environment.
3. Non-Flying Artifacts: The CAF museum will continue to tell the story of American airpower through its interpretative displays of artifacts not limited only to aircraft, but to all military equipment utilized by the United States during WWII.
4. The members of the CAF will gain an appreciation for U.S. military aviation by participation in the acquisition, restoration, and operation of the aircraft and equipment.
- Members will recognize their responsibilities to “tell the story” of military aviation.
- By their actions, members will help perpetuate the legacy of American military aviation.